Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Today I saw a girl on my way to the bank. She was stepping out of the see through sliding door and there and then, caught my eye immediately. Tucked under a thick royal purple sweater and green mini-skirt, she was simply stunning. I was amazed. Her thighs were no larger then my forearms and her face so sunken in her cheekbone was protruding.

She must have noticed me looking at her, cause instantly, her gaze fell upon me. And I thought shes beautiful. I mustered up a smile and she returned it. weak, yet with a hidden strength. a strength indescribable. and all i wanted to do at that point of time was to dig a hole and hide in it. Her fair skin,thinning hair, protruding cheekbones and stick-thin legs were too much a sight for me to bear. It hit my raw spot. She is so tiny that she sways with a gust of wind.

There was a stifling sense of inadequacy that leached into my veins, little by little, poisoning me with a fear of disappointing, and of disappointment. I wanted to be like her. admiration swallowed me bit by bit, and i strolled back to the office, sat in the suddenly-uncomfortable chair thinking could I be like her?

No comments: